“Improvement expected for Mongolia’s logisitics & connectivity with Europe”2021-07-08 13:16
EuroChamber Mongolia has successfully organized its "Logistics and Connectivity with Europe 2" webinar on June 29, 2021. The event aimed to expose, analyze and provide potential solutions to challenges in logistics and trading with Europe, which are both timely and of multilateral importance. The participation of senior representatives from European Union Delegation, Mongolian Government, Embassy of the Russian Federation and Private Sector companies ensured high-level and depth of discussion.
In addition, EuroChamber presented preliminary results of a joint survey by Federation of the Mongolian Freight Forwarders and EuroChamber Mongolia, conducted at the end of June 2021.
Key focus of the webinar included:
- Alternative solutions to the "Tianjin Container Crisis"
- Improvements of cargo border crossing issues to be addressed by the Government (NEMA) before the end of July
- Exporters'/Importer's challenges and success stories (MSM; Khanbogd Cashmere)
- European Union's current policy on transportation and mutual Mongolia - EU trade
The event aimed to expose, analyze and provide/find potential solutions to challenges in logistics and trading with Europe. Which are both timely and of multilateral importance.
We at EuroChamber Mongolia would like to thank specially our Speakers and Panelists:
- His Excellency Mr. Traian Laurentiu Hristea, Ambassador/ Head of European Union Delegation
- Mr. Batbold S, Secretary of State, Ministry of Road & Transport Development
- Mr. Meshyaninov Maksim, First Secretary of Embassy of the Russian Federation to Mongolia
- Mr. Orgil G, President, Federation of Mongolian Freight Forwarders
As a result of the webinar, EuroChamber Mongolia issued a formal letter to MRTD, now planning practical steps.